Demat account is an account used to hold shares and securities in electronic format. In India, there are 2 depositories NSDL and CDSL. MSBPL is registered as Depository Participant with NSDL.
- No risk of loss, wrong transfer, mutilation or theft of share certificates.
- Hassle free automated pay-in of your sell obligations
- Reduced paper work
- Speedier settlement process because of faster transfer and registration of securities in your account and thus increased liquidity of your securities.
- Reduced transaction costs because there is no stamp duty involved with the transfer of shares
- Instant disbursement of non-cash benefits like bonus and rights into your account.